DIY home security systems protect your home with no monthly fees. A Do-It-Yourself apartment or house alarm is easy to install and can be taken with you if you relocate to another home.
With more than 7,000 home intrusions daily in the U.S. alone (2.6 million annually - per the DOJ), you can see why you need to protect your home from the random predator hunting for prey.
It's far better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Consider it to be a form of health and life insurance, as well as a sense of security for your peace of mind.
The best home security systems include:
• Contact Sensors for exterior doors and ground-floor windows,
• Outdoor Motion Sensors,
• Indoor Sounder (alarm), and
• Master Control Unit - connecting it all together as an integrated house alarm system.
• Outdoor Sounder (alarm) alerts your neighbors to help you.
• Surveillance Cameras with TV Monitor (and motion-activated recorder) let you see without being seen (and record activity when you're not at home).
• Panic Buttons are excellent for any emergency – crime, fire, or medical. A pocket remote-control unit while you’re anywhere in or around your home can summon emergency help and/or help scare off a criminal.
• Yard Signs and Window Signs to deter burglars. 76 percent of burglars, even though they know many security products signs are phony, will move on to an easier target just in case.
DIY home security systems can also include glass breakage, heat, and smoke detectors. Some systems also have an auto-dialer to call the police or fire department.
Seclusion greatly benefits a burglar. Secluded homes should use the best home security systems as well as all the security products listed below.