Your CHECKLIST of a Victim's Options when targeted by a criminal predator:
A force predator ambushes a victim – or sniffs around briefly before pouncing.
A friendly predator – a seemingly harmless guy getting close and gaining trust – first lures a victim into his trap, then attacks.
• If facing a burglar or robber, give up your valuables and allow him to escape – or you should escape.
• If you can’t flee, and outsmarting him or posturing isn’t working, you have two options left: surrendering or fighting. Dare you risk surrendering and putting yourself fully at the mercy of a criminal – or fighting? Only your Intuition can guide you. If you do choose to fight, then attack him as described in When to Fight and Psycho Psyching in Optimal Mindset.
• See Visualizing Success in Acting.
• There are only two rules if you must fight: never fight fair and never give up.
• Beauty Bites Beast: Awakening the Warrior Within Women and Girls by Ellen Snortland.
• The Feminine Warrior: A Woman’s Guide to Verbal, Psychological, and Physical Empowerment by Al Marrewa.
• The 48 Laws of Power by Joost Elffers and Robert Greene.
• The Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense by Dr. Suzette Haden Elgin.
• Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In by Roger Fisher.
• On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman.
• Overkill: Mass Murder and Serial Killing Exposed by James Alan Fox and Jack Levin.
• Protecting the Gift: Survival Signals that Protect Us from Violence by Gavin de Becker.
• Protecting Your Life, Home, and Property by Captain Robert L. Snow.
• Serial Killers by Peter Vronsky.
• Strong on Defense: Survival Rules to Protect You and Your Family by Sanford Strong.
• Surviving A Stalker: Everything You Need To Know To Keep Yourself Safe by Linden Gross.
• Tough Target: the Street-Smart Guide to Staying Safe by J.J. Bittenbinder.